"Brain, shake out thy water, dog-like." -- Ron Padgett

Monday, January 9, 2017

When I Have the Body of a Man by Elizabeth Bachinsky




When I have the body of a man, I have the head of a bull.

When I have the head of a bull, Athena springs from my forehead.

When Athena springs from my forehead, I tell Athena, Cut it out!

When I tell Athena, Cut it out! she makes a string of paper dolls from my money.

When she makes a string of paper dolls from my money, I say Thank you, fold them up, and put them in a drawer.

When I say Thank you, fold them up, and put them in a drawer, the dolls figure out a way to
get out and use eBay when I'm not at home.

When the dolls figure out a way to get out and use eBay when I'm not at home, I know I've not had enough to drink.

When I know I've not had enough to drink, I admire my fortitude.

When I admire my fortitude, Athena says, Cut it out!

When Athena says, Cut it out! one should always listen.

When one should always listen, I think, Don't tell me what to do with my time!

When I think Don't tell me what to do with my time! 
I have the body of a man.




http://elizabethbachinsky.com/sample-hottestsummerinrecordedhistory.html

1 comment: